THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 08, 2004

Australian Idol Week 5: Contestants Choice:

Ricki-Lee Coulter: "I have nothing" by Whitney Houston. She was one of the best of the night, at first I thought it was a little boring when then when she got into the second chorus she picked it up and she got an up yodel in the end which was totally amazing. She looked great too, her dress was really nice. The judges loved her, Dicko said the show is basically about her, and everyone says she's going to win. I wouldn't mind that.

Marty Worrall: "Broken wings" by Mr.Mister. I know this song really well, he did a good version of it, but it wasn't amazing. Dicko didn't like it.

Hayley Jensen - "Release" by George, a girl rock band. She was my favourite of the night along with Ricki. It's such an amazing song, she built up to this uber note in the middle that was so awesome, the judges loved her too. She always sings these girl rock songs, she's got good taste like that and she's 21. She's married, by the way, her husband Tim is really nice, I saw him on Inside Idol.

Daniel Belle - "Your song" by Elton John. He totally messed with the arrangement and added bits that never were in the song and he was way too loud. I was actually starting to like him because I got to know him a little bit from Inside Idol just like Emelia and like her Daniel wasn't good but he was funny. But seriously, he was trying to show off too much. The judges didn't like him. Mark said he was just lazy with his paraphrasing and he didn't even try and stuff.

Chanel Cole - "Constant Craving" by k.d. Lang. It's so weird, they all sing songs that I know so well! I love this song too. Chanel started it a little slower than it is, but she was awesome, she yodells up really well and down too, this is my second favourite performance of hers, the other one was "Walk on by".

Courtney Murphy - "God only knows" by the Beach Boys. I know this song really well too, except I always hear a girl's version of it, and Courtney's version was a bit faster but he did really good, he has such a soulful and meaningful powerful voice, I love him so much. Dicko said he's been cruising lately and he doesn't think he's trying hard enough.

Casey Donovan: "Special ones" by George. Yup, typical, steal the band Hayley's singing, copy much! And she even had one with a high note in it too, just like Hayley. Hayley's high note was way better though because she worked up to it starting low and going up high until she hit it, Casuck just went from like "You never get through to MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" and it was so horrible. Hayley's song was better too, even the judges knew it!

Anthony Callea - "The prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrae Bocelli. Beh it's all in Italian! Well, most of it anyway. He was really amazing too, he's got such a powerful voice which my mom said she just noticed but I knew it all along!!! I was always a Callean except when he sang "The reason" because he doesn't have the right type of voice for that but whatever. He gets a little annoying when he does freak faces and flicks his eyebrows up really fast which my mom said I do when I'm singing but I so do not. The judges loved him everyone was crying and standing up.

Results show:

Bottom 3:

Hayley
Chanel
Daniel

First back: Hayley

Out: Daniel. That sucks for Chanel because they were planning to get married on November 22nd, but me and my mom were happy. Well she was happy, I don't really know what to think. Like on one hand he sucked was so annoying when he sang because he tried to be all opera Shane Wiebe and it SO wasn't working for him but then on the other he was so funny and he jumped on Courtney's bed and made him swear at him.

The next week is Beatles. I'll probably know some of the songs that they sing, I love the Beatles, but I hate John Lennon's song "Imagine" except for J.Hud's version, that rocks because she does. Okay then. I'll be back sometime this weekend to say what they're singing, which they'll show on Inside Idol which I might download today and it's Thanksgiving so there's no school on Monday so I might be back here sometime to say what happened on the show and if I'm not there on Monday then it'll be later next week because I have homework and friends and Nick Gait and stuff. Whoops.


0 comments: